Join us at WAORRA’s night of nights, as we celebrate the Western Australian Off-Road Racing Association, its members, achievements and champions of 2018!
Come along to the 2018 WAORRA Club Meeting #6 | WAORRA Annual General Meeting (AGM).
When: 7:30pm, Tuesday 13 November 2018
Where: Mills Park Centre, 86 Brixton Street Beckenham WA 6107
Round 5 of the 2018 CAMS, Carnarvon Motel Western Australian Off-Road Racing Championship took place on 22-23 September 2018, in the town of Three Springs, 315km north of Perth in the Mid-West Region of Western Australia.
Entries are now closed for Round 3 of the 2018 CAMS, Carnarvon Motel WA Off-Road Championship, and Round 2 of the 2018 WAORRA Club Championship – the Marsue Transport Bencubbin 400, and we are at capacity with 50 entries! Check out the full entry list on the MyRaceResult website.
–PLEASE NOTE– There has been a slight change to event format – laps of the enduro section are now 81km in length (instead of 75km). Please read the bulletin for more information.
With a mix of fast flowing track through the sandalwood shire, as well as tight twists and turns through scenic bushland, the track offers various terrain including smooth sandy sections, rolling rocky ridges, gravel and dirt tracks. Each class gets its own advantage in different areas of the track – the big engines will gain their time on the open flowing sections, while the small nimble cars will make up time through the twisty bush land.
The track constantly changes throughout the race, with ruts, whoops and wash outs forming during the race, and rocky outcrops that seem to grow larger every lap. Competitors will never know if any of Pedro’s infamous jumps will appear.
Held on the WA Day long weekend in June, Saturday will see teams trying to clock their fastest possible time during prologue, followed by an all-out sprint around the 25km short track of Section 1, where they will jostle for position before the main enduro event the following day. Sunday’s enduro will see teams fighting to complete five laps of the long 75km track… the ability to read the changing conditions each lap will be key to each team’s success during the gruelling 375km, all day event. This is definitely not a race for the faint hearted.
This is a great event for families though, with camping available at the Bencubbin Oval, catering, licensed bar, hot showers, toilets, playground, and multiple spectator points including a run on the road in front of the Bencubbin Primary School.
A huge thank you goes out to our event sponsors:
As well as series sponsor:
- When: 2-3 June 2018 (WA Day long weekend)
- Where: Bencubbin Recreation Reserve, Grant Street, Bencubbin, Western Australia
- For all the event rules and schedule, check out the event supplementary regulations.
- Follow the Facebook event page to keep up to date with all the latest event info.
- Entries are now open and close at 5:00pm Friday 25 May. Enter via the MyRaceResult website.
- Download/print the event poster to share with your mates.
Photo by: Martin Gepperth
Round 1 of the 2018 WAORRA Championship Series, the 2018 Duke of York Hotel Dryandra Chase, was held in Cuballing (near Narrogin) on Saturday 28 and Sunday 29 April.
In a similar format to previous years, the Dryandra Chase was a multi-club, short-course event that covered approx 135km, consisting of three laps of the 15km course on Saturday and six laps on Sunday. With two-at-a-time starts, the field split into two heats, and a spectator viewing area up on the hill allowing 360 degree views of the race track, this was a great event for spectators and families.
Congratulations to the outright winners:
- First: 22 Grant Payne and Michael Gullotto
- Second: 181 Stephen and Brin Ketteridge-Hall
- Third: 674 Chris Unstead and Nick Scolaro
Missed out on the action?
- Check out the full event write up
- Results available on the My Race Result website
- View some great action shots by Emma Howe
- Check out some more awesome photos by Glen Humphries.
A huge thanks to all of our event sponsors:
The WAORRA Championship Series is back for 2018! Following the same format as last year, we will be running three multi-club events in a championship round – perfect for entry-level racers, people who like to save a few dollars on entry fees, or people who can’t commit to the full State series due to work or family commitments.
Our favourite event of the year is back for 2018, and with 100 participants registered, we are now full to capacity!
Now in its eighth year, the annual Kids Ride Day is always a huge hit with both kids and their families alike! Read the write up and check out the photos from the 2017 event.
Held at the Harvey 4WD Club (South West Highway, Harvey) on Sunday 18 March 2018, this is a non-competitive, short-course event, where we invite children from various organisations and charities to have a ride in a race car in a safe and controlled manner, to give them a little taste of the excitement of off-road racing.
This year, we are proud to be partnering with the Durham Road School in Bayswater. Durham Road is an Independent Public School which caters to students with intellectual disabilities, physical disabilities, sensory impairments (vision and hearing), challenging behaviours and/or autistic spectrum disorders.
We will be using the school’s ethos ‘Kids Come First’ as our guiding principle for this event.
With so many participants, we still need a few more race cars on the track. If you have a current log booked off-road competition vehicle and would like to get involved, please contact Blake Pugh on 0403 579 849 to register ASAP.
One of the great things about this event is that people from all WA clubs get involved and really enjoy giving back to the community. We also get a huge amount of support from local businesses, however we are still seeking donations and volunteers on the day. If you are able to help in any way, or for more information, please contact Blake Pugh.
A massive thanks to our event sponsors:
- Shire of Harvey
- Jeep Owners Club of WA
- St Johns Ambulance Harvey
- Confederation of Australian Motorsport (CAMS)
- Pinjarra Bakery
- Pinjarra Meat Supply
- Pinjarra Engineering
- Coates Hire Bunbury
- Iron Man 4×4 Accessories
- Active 24/7 Fitness
- George Metaxas – Ruger Racing Team
- WA Off-Road Racing Association
- When: 9:00am – 3:00pm, Sunday 18 March 2018.
- Where: Harvey 4WD Club (South West Highway, Harvey). See the location on Google Maps.
- This is a closed event – only invited and registered participants can attend.
- Join the Kids Ride Day Facebook event to be notified of any updates.
- For full event details for drivers, families and spectators, make sure you read the supplementary regulations.
- For participants’ safety, there are specific requirements for apparel. Clothing and socks must be non-synthetic (100% cotton or wool) and cover from neck to wrist to ankle. Footwear must be enclosed and non-synthetic (e.g. with leather upper). Shoes made of synthetic material, thongs, roman sandals and high heels do not comply.
- All participating drivers must attend the Drivers’ Briefing at the event.
- All participating families must attend the Passenger Briefing at the event.
- Gates open at 9:00am and briefings take place at 9:30am.
- We have reached the maximum number of entries so expressions of interest are now closed.
- Official entries close at 5pm on Saturday 10 March 2018 and can be made by email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact Blake Pugh on 0403 579 849 or Danielle Joyce on 0450 907 021.
Photo: Emma Howe