CAMS Licenses and Log Books

We currently run all of our events under Confederation of Australian Motor Sport (CAMS) sanctioning, both for State Championship and club-level events. That means competitors need valid CAMS licenses, and vehicles need valid CAMS log books, to be able to enter an event.

Competitor licenses

To apply for a CAMS competitor license, check out the information available on their website:

If you are just starting out as a driver, you will need to do an observed driving test. You can arrange this directly through the CAMS Stewards just before the start of your first event. For more information about observed driving tests, please contact the Clerk of Course for the event (you can find their contact details on the event Supplementary Regulations).

If you are unsure about which license you need, or how to complete your observed driving test, please contact CAMS for more information.

Vehicle log books

Log books contain information about the vehicle and record its competition history. To apply for a log book, contact a CAMS-approved Scrutineer and arrange an inspection of your vehicle. Then download and complete a log book application form from the CAMS website.

If you have any further questions, you can find a list of Western Australian CAMS-approved Scrutineers and their contact details on the CAMS website.