Round 1 of the 2016 CAMS PGS Industries Western Australian Off-Road Racing Championship
The 2016 Rod Hatter Memorial Duel In The Dirt Perenjori 360 was held in the townsite of Perenjori, in the northern agricultural region of Western Australia, 348 kilometres north of Perth and 39 kilometres south-east of Morawa. The event was Round 1 of the 2016 CAMS PGS Industries West Australian Off-Road Championship, and Round 1 of the WA Off-Road Tri series.
Held on 5-6 March 2016 (the Labour Day long weekend) at the Perenjori oval and surrounding farm land, and in hot, dry, dusty conditions, this race was a real test of endurance. Of 22 starters, 14 vehicles completed all seven laps. Congratulations to all WAORRA members who competed and finished, and a special mention goes out to these guys for their podium finishes:
- First outright – Shane and Curt Elphinstone (Pro Buggy #44)
- Second outright – Bradley Cooper (Pro Buggy #968)
- Third outright – Brett Smith and Heath Strawbridge (Prolite Buggy #161).
You can read the full results on the My Race Result website.
Thanks to Nissan Car Club for a great event and the Shire of Perenjori for providing facilities including the sports club, community pool and club rooms.
Missed out on the action? Check out the following links:
- Perenjori 360 Facebook event
- Supplementary regulations and entry details
- Event wrap-up video by Jason Galea
- Perenjori Event Recap – article by Jason Galea
- Schultz takes home the Oricom UHF CB Contingency Prize – article by Jason Galea
- Dark wins Intense LED Australia contingency Prize – article by Jason Galea
- Duel in the Dirt 2016 Entry List – article by Jason Galea
- Photos by Jason Galea
- Photos by Brett Sandells – Day 1
- Photos by Brett Sandells – Night Lap
- Photos by Brett Sandells – Day 2
Photo: Emma Scott