Entries are now open for Round 3 of the 2018 CAMS, Carnarvon Motel WA Off-Road Championship, and Round 2 of the 2018 WAORRA Club Championship – the Marsue Transport Bencubbin 400.
With a mix of fast flowing track through the sandalwood shire, as well as tight twists and turns through scenic bushland, the track offers various terrain including smooth sandy sections, rolling rocky ridges, gravel and dirt tracks. Each class gets its own advantage in different areas of the track – the big engines will gain their time on the open flowing sections, while the small nimble cars will make up time through the twisty bush land.
The track constantly changes throughout the race, with ruts, whoops and wash outs forming during the race, and rocky outcrops that seem to grow larger every lap. Competitors will never know if any of Pedro’s infamous jumps will appear.
Held on the WA Day long weekend in June, Saturday will see teams trying to clock their fastest possible time during prologue, followed by an all-out sprint around the 25km short track of Section 1, where they will jostle for position before the main enduro event the following day. Sunday’s enduro will see teams fighting to complete five laps of the long 75km track… the ability to read the changing conditions each lap will be key to each team’s success during the gruelling 375km, all day event. This is definitely not a race for the faint hearted.
This is a great event for families though, with camping available at the Bencubbin Oval, catering, licensed bar, hot showers, toilets, playground, and multiple spectator points including a run on the road in front of the Bencubbin Primary School.
A huge thank you goes out to our event sponsors:
As well as series sponsor:
- When: 2-3 June 2018 (WA Day long weekend)
- Where: Bencubbin Recreation Reserve, Grant Street, Bencubbin, Western Australia
- For all the event rules and schedule, check out the event supplementary regulations.
- Follow the Facebook event page to keep up to date with all the latest event info.
- Entries are now open and close at 5:00pm Friday 25 May. Enter via the MyRaceResult website.
- Download/print the event poster to share with your mates.
Photo by: Martin Gepperth