ARE YOU TOUGH ENOUGH?
The inaugural Mid-West Challenge kicked off last year, and boy, did it live up to its name of being a challenge! Fast forward to August 2018 and it is back, bigger and better.
The Cochrane’s Transport Mid-West Challenge will take place over the weekend of 18-19 August 2018. It will be Round 4 of the 2018 CAMS, Carnarvon Motel Western Australian Off-Road Racing Championship and Round 3 of the WAORRA Club Championship Series.
Just north-east of Badgingarra and directly east from Leeman, the location is approximately 295km north of Perth. Our event organising crew have been busy clearing trees to squeeze a few extra kilometres out of the track and remove as much of the sandy sections as possible. Forget fencelines and crops, this is real off-road racing!
The event format will cater to both State and Multi-Club entrants, with six laps of the 40km circuit for State competitors, and four laps for Multi-Club competitors. Entries are now open – please read the supplementary regulations before clicking the event registration button above.
Scrutineering and Documentation is by appointment only on Saturday, so competitors – if you are unable to arrive on Friday evening, please contact us (by email email@example.com) to make an appointment for Saturday morning. Limited places are available so get in quick!
Camping is free and available from Friday 17 to Monday 20 August, with portable toilets available at the track. There will be a canteen on site from Friday evening thanks to Mike and Rachel Henderson from Hendo’s Catering, and Graeme from Cafe 2U will be serving up strong coffee and hot chocolate all weekend.
No dogs at this event, as there is livestock on the property. A communal camp fire will be in the camping area for everyone to enjoy. Individual fires will be permitted in safe areas (i.e. no fires near fuel containers). No dirtbikes.
For those with kids – bikes are not recommended at this event due to double gees, and thick-soled shoes are advised. Noise curfew applies from 11:59pm on Friday and Saturday nights. Racing starts at 12:30pm Saturday and 8:30am Sunday.
Thanks also to our amazing team of volunteer event organisers who have been spending their weekends grading the track, clearing trees, building a jump for spectators, chatting with the locals and building a huge bonfire! It’s going to be a great event.
What you need to know:
- When: 18-19 August 2018
- Where: Tonka’s Farm, Eganu (295km north of Perth), Western Australia. Mobile phone coverage in the area is limited, so we advise you to download and print the map and directions.
- Follow the Facebook event to be notified of all event updates.
- Read the Supplementary Regulations – they contain all event information for competitors, pit crew, officials and spectators.
- Entries are now open, are limited to 50, and close at 5:00pm on Friday
10 August 2018.
- Track marking 4-5 August. Contact Russ Cullen if you are available to help (contact details can be found in the sup regs).
- Check out the event poster – print and share with friends and family (PDF 7mb).
Photo: Kiera Piercy