Thank you to everyone that played a part in putting the 2016 Duke of York Hotel Narrogin Chase event together.
The 2016 Duke of York Narrogin Chase was a multi-club, short-course off-road event, held at the Patmore Property, Springhill Rd, Cuballing, Western Australia, on Saturday 23rd and Sunday 24th April 2016.
Huge thanks goes to John and Doreen Patmore for welcoming us onto your property and allowing the Western Australian off-road racing competitors to race around your farm. If it weren’t for your family’s generosity, this event would not have happened. Thanks especially to your whole family who worked all weekend catering and cleaning up after everyone.
Thanks to our event sponsors:
- The Duke of York Hotel for being the main sponsor the event. The feedback from everyone has praised The Duke of York Hotel for the excellent service, accommodation, amazing meals and warm atmosphere.
- The Narrogin speedway club for providing the catering, bar and amenities for the weekend. The food and drinks were greatly appreciated, especially the Saturday night dinner and dessert.
- Elders Narrogin for allowing our competitors and spectators to use your premises for scrutineering and car display.
Thanks go to our other sponsors of the 2016 Duke of York Hotel Narrogin Chase:
A special thanks go to all these volunteers for their hard work prior to and throughout the weekend:
- Mal Yeardley – Event Organiser. Excellent work coordinating with the sponsors, speedway club and property owners for this race event. Plus the management of the event and assisting with chasing up some sheep…
- Dave Cowan– Co-Event Organiser. Dave managed all the event sup regulations and CAMS paper work, and coordinated the poster drop offs and of course, was the Assistant Event Secretary before hopping into his race car.
- Rex West – Chief Scrutineer. Rex stood at the start/finish line all weekend with the dust from the competitors cars. Thanks for bringing along your generator and lighting system to allow everyone to see where the toilets were during the weekend.
- Jeremy Beck – Chief Timekeeper and trainer for our new trainees Barry Doney and Lachlan Cowan – Well done to Lachlan and Barry, the event ran smoothly and on time.
- Patricia Cosh – Clerk of Course. Thanks for working your magic.
- Jenny Honey for coming along as a trainee Secretary and working with Timekeepers and Shelley Howe.
- CAMS stewards Lindy Hatter and Phil Bolden for officiating the event.
- Shelley Howe – Club Editor. Thanks for developing and updating the website, Facebook, Instagram and e-newsletter, as well as being the Event Secretary for the weekend.
- Brad Krepp – Competitor Relations Officer and after that job was finished he was still working hard packing up and de-marking the course with Hayden Cowan and Curt Elphinstone. Brad also towed the WAORRA trailer to and from the event.
- Darren Russell – SOS Point Official and support out on the race track.
- Hayden Cowan for running back and forth to Marshal Point (in his mums car) to make sure spectators and competitor vehicles did clash on the track. The other marshals were: Tyler Armstrong, Jenny Joyce, Big Al and myself. Hayden had his mum’s car which he retreated into in the cold of the night during the night course and if it was too dusty during the day. The others had to try and hide behind the stop sign.
- Emma Scott – Social Director. Emma coordinated the movie screen and projector for the Saturday night movie “Alvin and Chipmunks – Road Chip” and of course the lolly bags for the 30 odd children. Emma was also the Chief Photographer on the track and her photos are available to all of the competitors via Facebook.
- Hannah Troughton – Merchandise Manager – thanks for coordinating the WAORRA merchandise sales and the raffle tickets.
- Ben Armstrong – Sports Director – thanks for organising the amazing prizes and trophies for the competitors.
- Kerry Yaxley – thanks for towing the timing trailer.
Thanks to numerous other volunteers who worked throughout the weekend to assist running the event:
Gary Howe, Blake Pugh, Curt Elphinstone, Steve Forrester, Big Al, Jenny Joyce and Danni Joyce.
Thanks to all the track marking volunteers for coming down to the property the weekend before and setting up the track and the camping area:
Dave Cowan, Hayden Cowan, Shane Yaxley, Bob Dark, Marcus Wells, Brad Krepp, Kerry Yaxley, Craig Wells, Darren Russell and Mal Yeardley.
To all who came down to watch the racing for the day or camped over the weekend, thank you for supporting the WA off-road racing event, Narrogin Speedway Club and Narrogin community. This was another successful weekend with the rain holding off until late Sunday evening. Feedback from spectators and competitors this weekend was that the 2016 Duke of York Hotel Narrogin Chase was a well organised, and fun packed event for all ages.
Missed out on the action? Check out the following links:
- Narrogin Chase Facebook event
- Media release/event wrap-up
- Media coverage – Off Road Racing Australia
- Photos by Emma Scott
We look forward to seeing you all back In Narrogin again next year!
Photos: Emma Scott