Our favourite event of the year is back for 2018, and with 100 participants registered, we are now full to capacity!
Now in its eighth year, the annual Kids Ride Day is always a huge hit with both kids and their families alike! Read the write up and check out the photos from the 2017 event.
Held at the Harvey 4WD Club (South West Highway, Harvey) on Sunday 18 March 2018, this is a non-competitive, short-course event, where we invite children from various organisations and charities to have a ride in a race car in a safe and controlled manner, to give them a little taste of the excitement of off-road racing.
This year, we are proud to be partnering with the Durham Road School in Bayswater.
Durham Road is an Independent Public School which caters to students with intellectual disabilities, physical disabilities, sensory impairments (vision and hearing), challenging behaviours and/or autistic spectrum disorders.
We will be using the school’s ethos ‘Kids Come First’ as our guiding principle for this event.
With so many participants, we still need a few more race cars on the track. If you have a current log booked off-road competition vehicle and would like to get involved, please contact Blake Pugh on 0403 579 849 to register ASAP.
One of the great things about this event is that people from all WA clubs get involved and really enjoy giving back to the community. We also get a huge amount of support from local businesses, however we are still seeking donations to go towards the cost of toilets, lunch, soft drinks, etc, as well as volunteers on the day to help cook sausages and wave the checkered flag. If you are able to help in any way, or for more information, please contact Blake Pugh.
A massive thanks to our event sponsors:
What you need to know
- When: 9:00am – 3:00pm, Sunday 18 March 2018.
- Where: Harvey 4WD Club (South West Highway, Harvey). See the location on Google Maps.
- This is a closed event – only invited and registered participants can attend.
- Join the Kids Ride Day Facebook event to be notified of any updates.
- For full event details for drivers, families and spectators, make sure you read the supplementary regulations.
- For participants’ safety, there are specific requirements for apparel. Clothing and socks must be non-synthetic (100% cotton or wool) and cover from neck to wrist to ankle. Footwear must be enclosed and non-synthetic (e.g. with leather upper). Shoes made of synthetic material, thongs, roman sandals and high heels do not comply.
- All participating drivers must attend the Drivers’ Briefing at the event.
- All participating families must attend the Passenger Briefing at the event.
- Gates open at 9:00am and briefings take place at 9:30am.
- Expressions of interest close at 5pm on Saturday 24 February 2018 (or when at capacity) and can be made by phone or email.
- Official entries close at 5pm on Saturday 10 March 2018 and can be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Contact Blake Pugh on 0403 579 849 or Danielle Joyce on 0450 907 021.
Photo: Emma Howe